View Single Post
Old 2 Oct 2014, 08:09 (Ref:3459423)   #6
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I saw that - bit of a surprise to say the least. That's not taking anything away from Marc but I'd have thought they'd have put a driver in there that would contribute something financially - I can't see where the Albatec money is coming from other than Andy Scotts pocket? I'd have thought maybe Ramona Carlsson or Mr Binks would have been in with a shout? How many is that Villeneuve has missed now? Not really a full time driver is he?
I was expecting to see Marc in a Supercar in the British Championship again but, as you say, Marc driving a car that I'm sure Ramona or David would pay to use is a surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I dont think Villeneuve will be back, it hasnt really worked for him and Andy has often been a similar pace or quicker.
Has Villeneuve even made a Semi Final this year? I daresay Scott has been there due to consistency rather than outright speed, but he made the top 12 in England, Canada and France.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
No idea on earth why this series is going to Turkey and it seems with only 20 cars going, neother do they.
I understood that, in order for an FiA Championship to be classed as a World Championship, it has to visit a certain number of continents. Turkey counts as Asia and is, I assume, a lot less hassle than organising an event in either Africa or Australia.