View Single Post
Old 1 Nov 2016, 07:19 (Ref:3684460)   #94
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
With all due respect, but I don't see Honda, Subaru and MG in BTCC as factory teams, they're privateers with factory support. They aren't the Same as the factory teams in WTCC or WEC. Factory involvement to me is more than a shell and some stickers.
Yes and for that reason they are more sustainable as a result, personally I think the semi works arrangement is a good one.

The BTCC regs also make car build by an independently funded team possible, but do the WTCC regs? In which case no new manufacturers will eventually lead to no cars as the current ones get too old, accident damaged or just not competitive enough to keep running them.

Does touring car racing actually need a WTCC? It is expensive to run, is not sufficiently dragging in manufacturers and from the admittedly few races I have watched has not had big crowds.