Thread: WEC Race 2016 WEC Round 2: Spa
View Single Post
Old 4 May 2016, 19:22 (Ref:3638526)   #24
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't have much time to analyse more carefully the onboards from Silverstone but, after a brief look into it, it seemed that Audi cars had very ill handling. The R18 has plenty of grip, noticebly more than the 919 and even more so than the TS050, but it's very inconsistent in the high speed corners and the drivers constantly missed apexes due to understeer while other times suffered the opposite, oversteer. Porsche and Toyota were more stable and if Audi don't fix that, it might make things very tough for them throughout the season. They had a 5 day testing at Aragon, if I'm not mistaken, and apparently that was, partially, used to fix the FRIC issues that alledgelly led to the worn plank. If the bad handling and the bouncing(FRIC issues) were related, then good for them and they likely solved the problem. Otherwise, this might become their biggest concern after reliability.

As for Toyota, I'm sure they'll be on par, if not faster, on S1 and S3. The crucial point here for them is S2 and how much they manage to minimize their lack of pace there.

Finally, I think the -10MJ will hurt far more at Spa than at Silverstone and I don't believe they will reach 1.54 again.