View Single Post
Old 28 Apr 2017, 22:40 (Ref:3729767)   #5
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, there are things that both do well, namely racing at a lot of tracks that have history and pedigree. I don't think that anyone for instance would like to see Silverstone off the WEC sechedule, though it should probably be moved to a date with better weather. Also, the Silverstone 1000km traditionally was a July or August date.

Also, having Monza be early in the season fits in with everyone running their LM packages pre LM, with the following races being high downforce sprint events.

Biggest issue by far overall, is too many tracks and not enough dates. For budget reasons, the WEC and IMSA are loathe to add more races. And I don't think that either the ACO or IMSA want to foot the bill just to have an extra race or two a season. And I wouldn't want to see a drop a score deal like 2012, because that means that teams could cherry pick races, which isn't what I think anyone wants.