View Single Post
Old 23 Sep 2016, 23:10 (Ref:3674636)   #5
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My least favourite, I'm guessing it's the first design you sketched here? (The other ones seem a bit neater with a more developed style). As AOB mentioned there are some runoff issues at T1, T7, T8, T14, and T16 (where's turn 15? ). I feel the circuit lacks an overall flow, the others are much better.

If the top hairpin is styled like the Magny Cours corner, it works well. Sometimes are can be too many configuration options, how could any organisers decide which to use?! Maybe remove a few options in the infield and this could be a nice design.

I really like this one! I like the first chicane and the flyover section at the bottom, though the barrier detail in this area could be tricky to work out. I don't think this circuit needs that little loop at the end of the lap, just a simple medium-speed right hander would finish the lap nicely.

This one reminds me a lot of the french circuit mentioned earlier, and it looks great. I don't mind the hairpins, perhaps the first one (T5?) could be opened a little. The only things that I think need looking at here are the pit entry and exit, and the lack of runoff area at T1. If you have any questions about the pitlane, let me know.

I think the section from the ascari-like chicane to lower pitlane pit-out are great, but the other half of the circuit might need some adjusting, especially the upper pitlane.

Probably my favourite, though I might have made some controversial adjustments.... I think the circuit works better as a compact motorsport complex, I'm not sure the extra loop added anything. What do you think?

Street circuit.... I like.

(Apologies for MS paint edits)
Attached Thumbnails
ADJUST 1.jpg   ADJUST 2.jpg