Old 28 Nov 2004, 16:03 (Ref:1166251)   #20
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by StickShift
Interesting article Dov. I had not read that before.

Sorta segueing the topic, do you think Cart should go with a single manufacturer, or open the series to anyone that wants to build a chassis?

I'd imagine Cart and Lola wouldn't want to split their relationship, AND I don't think the series could afford to lose the company to the IRL.
IMO, I would like to see at least one or two more chassis manufacturers start to challenge the Lola chassis in 2006, but i'm also very happy with Lola, so if we remain a spec series then i'm okay with that too. The Champ Car is the sexiest open wheel racecar going at this time and I prefer the turbo over the NA engine, so come 2006 I hope we don't see a new chassis with an airbox above the drivers head. That being said, if OWRS chooses to go with the NA engines then the SF01 is a good basis to start from. The A1GP chassis has too many little wings on it and it's not that pleasent on the eyes, imho.

When Kevin Kalkhoven was on WT recently I remember him saying that he would like to stick with the V8 turbos......can't remember what he said about the future chassis.