View Single Post
Old 16 Dec 2004, 01:21 (Ref:1180687)   #23
Ross Cadell
Racer

Ross Cadell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Pony,

That would make one hell of a straight, roaring over that hill then down past the stadium. Bathurst Diffs for sure, that would be about 1.87 Km long straight,with a tight left hander at the end. A few of the boys would end up half way to Garden City (Wetsfield Kotara) I am sure.

Another bit that needs a hand is the storm water drain at the runoff from Australia Road. You could go right around the police boys club and then join broadmeadow road at the railway line.

I guess I was just avoiding going right in front of my nans so i could park in her driveway. Also her and her neigbours would undoubtably give me hell no matter what so why not rip down past the houses.

Anyhow all in dreamland as i think I am only around 12-13 mill short of the 11-12 mill it woudl cost to run.

It may be urban myth but I am sure that leigh maughan had the cash backing and details to run a race many moons ago (mid 90's) but got knocked back by council i think McNaughton was mayor (in this version anyway). There was also a petition started by some people a few years ago but i dont know what happened to it. If the port Stephens Complex goes ahead I would personally try to fund a Konica round at the track.

I offered to lobby the Gov for some extra funding to improve the planned facilities so a round may be considered (at no cost) but was never taken up on the offer.