View Single Post
Old 16 May 2017, 20:29 (Ref:3733930)   #89
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
You can't say that! Someone will think you're being racist. If there is one thing worse than being racist it's wrongly accusing another of being racist.

I voted for someone else because, well, I wanted to, but also because I fancied rewarding something nice that happened. I was being flippant and didn't think it would matter too much.

I can see why people would vote for someone other than Lewis. His drive won the race, but others drove as well, or better, for lower places. I can see people not being wowed by the overtake, it wasn't as good as Vettels on Bottas. Although both were DRS aided. Have we forgertten that F1 is rubbish. He got into that position because of the team getting him there and a bit of luck. Factor in that he won a race in a Mercedes and, well, it is easy to see that being a bit underwhelming.

Still, it was a very good drive from Hamilton and not voting for him doesn't stop that or that he netted 25 points, which is what matters to the silly sunglasses wearing F1 legend.

I did not intend to imply that wearing 'silly sunglasses' lessened the quality of his driving, or that it had anything whatsoever to do with his skin colour, simply that when standing next to Vettel on the podium ... well .... he looked ......... silly.
In my eyes at least, no doubt many people, fans and non-fans of the man think he looks 'cool'.
After all we all have different perspectives on may things.