Thread: Sebring
View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2017, 04:29 (Ref:3723179)   #89
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If y'all are interested, here is the link to my Sebring photo gallery: https://goo.gl/photos/hAef5XXH2hm4bzRo8

Not my best work, but Sebring tends to bring the college-aged-dude out of me every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
I guess being young helps me, I was able to lap the circuit a few times from Wednesday to Saturday. No idea how many steps I did in total but I certainly felt it after each day. Sunday was tough for me until the evening rolled around, I'm not great in the heat so it was a long day until then!

I quite enjoyed watching at the hairpin- such a simple corner but great to watch the cars hard on the brakes then powerslide on exit. Good in the races too, not a lot of passing but when it does happen it quite often ends up with some wheel-banging.

Had a lap round the track shortly before the 12 hours, got to say it's a testament to virtual race simulators (thinking of iRacing.com) at how accurate they model the tracks- every bump I felt in person were exactly where I expected them to be thanks to the simulator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
As for the spectator experience- wow, for a major event that's the best I've ever experienced. No traffic, parking was easy as anything (and you're not miles from the car), even on race day it surprised me how easy it all was. Some great viewing points around the circuit and little in the way of catchfencing to disrupt the view. I got some great footage.
Really happy that you enjoyed the event! Sorry we weren't able to catch up but I'm worthless until Friday anyway due to the 9+ hour overnight drive. As field said, you made it to parts of the track I've never seen and this was my 9th trip to Sebring! If you make it to Road Atlanta, and I hope you do some day as it is a terrific track, please come see us at turn 4. The 30 minute drive treats me much better.

Edit - Also, I was FREEZING until Saturday! That was one of the coldest events I've ever attended!

Last edited by JHamilton; 2 Apr 2017 at 04:36.