View Single Post
Old 7 Jul 2013, 22:35 (Ref:3275098)   #14
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Of course there's two sides to those sorts of things and I don't have half the knowledge as most people here (which is why I love this forum) so I won't argue with you.

Really I just wanted to know if I had missed something obvious since the Mazda engine is so seldom mentioned.
The great thing about this forum is that (90% of the time) we debate, we don't argue!

But you're right, we don't know for sure. However, while the Judd engine was no world beater and indeed it's kind of died a death in P1, Judd have produced decent engines in top-level prototypes since for many years now. On top of that, the DOME had a Judd stuck in the back of it before. I'm pretty confident that a fully functioning Pescarolo team, without living on the brink of bankruptcy and with more time to develop the car, could have got that package to be something capable of finishing the race.

Good point though, the Mazda engine is often forgotten, but I think it's overlooked by most privateers, and with good reason. It's not particularly reliable or powerful. At the end of this rules cycle, we've been left with no decent powertrain options for privateers, and that's why we have so few of them.

Let's hope things change for 2014.