Thread: NZTC 2015/2016
View Single Post
Old 25 Jun 2015, 18:42 (Ref:3553922)   #31
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi race fan View Post
Well I just hope that when Taupo becomes another Tourist circuit, Manfield gets either flooded away or goes bust & gets bowled over for a Retirement Village and you NI'ers are faced with paying Tony's exhorbant fees to race on his circuits or making the journey South to race, that the South Island circuits that have been loyal to MSNZ and the Tier 1 series tell you to insert it where the sun don't shine!
Hmmm a very negative view of the 'world' as in New Zealand Circuit racing Kiwi Racing Fan.

For a start, I don't think Taupo will be owned by Tony Quinn, and dismissing the future of Manfeild the way you have is also unrealistic, or worse, wishful thinking, Manfeild actually has a lot of commercial activity and the Manfeild Trust issues have little to do with the viability of the circuit as such.

I am concerned at the future of Ruapuna in the longer term, but the scaremonger's suggesting that "its all over bar the shouting" will have egg on their face when its still there in 5 year's time.

Timaru is a fantastic club circuit that consistently punches above it's weight, the safety issue has been blown out of proportion, and the circuit has addressed a lot of the issues that I was personally critical of.

I can say hand on heart the crash's that happened during our SRS meeting earlier this year at Timaru were down to "Red Mist" in the eye's of several of our drivers, not because of the circuit. I am also with Bill Brown on the Johny Mac crash, John was a victim of his own making, i.e.. not driving to the conditions, and I saw that incident unravel right in front of were I was standing that wet and miserable day.