Old 19 Apr 2017, 01:19 (Ref:3727672)   #94
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number4 View Post
Hi R.Lee, How are you? What are you up to?
I have not watched a lap of cup this year, and can't say I really miss it.
We have started getting the Xfinity and Trucks on free to air over here. I watched the Atlanta, Phoenix and Texas Xfinity races, they were OK but nothing remarkable. The truck race was good at Martinsville and Chase Elliot put on a display.
Watching highlights means the stages don't really affect ones viewing.
I have absolutely no idea what a driver has to do anymore to win a championship, there appears to be another new fangled system again. I tried reading the rules but my eyes glazed over and I began drooling. It seems there are now two point systems that I can't get my head around and I will just have to watch each race for what it is.
When the commentators start saying "PLAYOFF" every ninth word I shall probably stop watching.
We get the Bristol Xfinity race next Tuesday, so I will be looking forward to that.
Cheers #4.
I'm doing fairly well. About the only thing I've been up to is work. Not much else. Had a quiet Easter, hope yours was well. I've watched most of the races this year, but am not at all impressed with these stage races. They are nothing more than glorified heat races to me. Like you, I have no clue as to what a driver has to do to win a championship. This whole "playoff", chase, etc., is a joke. Auto racing is not a stick and ball sport. I wish that the powers that be would stop trying to make it into one! They just need to get back to a points system, get out of the way and let them race! Hopefully, Bristol won't be plagued with rain this weekend, but unfortunately, that is what they are forecasting. Glad that you are getting those races for free now! Not much else going on here. Have a Great day. I'll talk to you later.