View Single Post
Old 12 Apr 2017, 07:17 (Ref:3725707)   #41
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Love to go but sorry to say it but the general admission costs are prohibitive - £25 for Saturday!! £45 for race day, no wonder there's nobody there! I am a big race fan having been to Le Mans many times and I would love to see the current breed of sports prototypes in the flesh but for this punter it"s a bit strong
I get that completely. In isolation those admission prices do seem high. The value, in my opinion, is in the advance purchased weekend ticket at £50. Three full days trackside, five and a half hours of ELMS/WEC practice, qualifying for both, a four hour ELMS race and a six hour WEC race, plus the single seater action. Split the £50 between all of that, consider the cost of a ticket to a Premiership football match, a rugby international or a concert ticket, and maybe it's not so expensive after all. Have you seen what they charge for the Silverstone Classic!? That said, Le Mans general entry ticket prices do represent even better value, and the ancillary costs associated with attending all three days at Silverstone do mount up.

Regarding attendance, the event does draw a respectable, if unspectacular, crowd each year, especially on the Sunday.