View Single Post
Old 25 Mar 2006, 12:47 (Ref:1560330)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpitf4
I have very little knowledge of these cars I'm affraid,we didn't get too many
of them in these here parts.Imagine my surprize when one showed up at Mosport last year. I think.
Were these cars powered by a steel block V-6 Cosworth,or is that a differant Capri again?
You may be thinking of the Group 2 V 6. This was the Cosworth GAA engine built for the ETCC of 1973/74. The CC Capris were built to the Group "1.5" regs as run by the BTCC and many of the European Saloon championships of the time from 1976 to 1982 before Group A became the norm.

The engines were originally Essex V6 three litre but later they ran the Cologne 2.8 V6 but it was never competitive because of the siamesed 2/3 and 4/5 cylinder (?) heads.