View Single Post
Old 29 Sep 2017, 20:50 (Ref:3770629)   #31
jjvincent
Racer

jjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
In fairness, Cadillac was in World Challenge long before they adopted GT3 regulations. I was surprised they built the car at all.
So was Porsche. Caddy got around the whole thing because you can actually run a GT3 car for about a year to develop it and then start selling it to others. It's that "we are not homologated yet but we want to race". If I run a Porsche, I have to run it as homologated by Porsche. Not just keep changing things because they car is not good enough. Plus if I run a Porsche, it's pretty obvious that if I change something as opposed to every other one out there, the word will get out. As for a Caddy, what do you compare it to? It's not like the competition will figure it out.

As for BoP to fix it, that doesn't happen plus GM knows they can't decimate the competition because they learned that lesson years ago (remember WC when they started or the GT1 Corvettes) as all of the competition goes away.