Old 12 Jul 2011, 16:47 (Ref:2925678)   #29
H.Eng
Racer

United Kingdom
Royal Tunbridge Wells
H.Eng should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbrown View Post
I am very wary of trying to work by process of elimination. Just because we know the current location of a car wearing a particular chassis number doesn't mean we can reach conclusions about any other car.

For example, I have just completed a dossier on a Brabham BT25. The easy way would have been to say that there were only two and that we know one is in Australia so the Donington car must be the other one. I wasn't happy with that approach and instead looked at provenance, rivet patterns and for repair damage for a reported fuel tank explosion. All checked out so the car was completely authentic - but it justified the effort to make all those checks.

So on the A2s, can we look at provenance instead and see where each car traces back to? For example, would somebody be wiling to give the last few owners of the car at H Engineering?
Hi Allan

the car at our workshop is A2/1 (fitted with the mass roll hoop!!)Click image for larger version

Name:	a2  no1 001.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	397.5 KB
ID:	33817

Click image for larger version

Name:	a2  no1 002.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	510.7 KB
ID:	33818and was from the jackie oliver collection,
a couple of pictures of the car very nearly finished, if you pm me i can give you owners from oliver for your records.