View Single Post
Old 25 Dec 2015, 00:39 (Ref:3600047)   #17
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kelvin is right - Wimbo is done, I signed the petition too but I think what it serves is to show that the sport does need a home in London.

Problem is the people running oval racing in the UK now (and to an extent in Belgium/Netherlands) simply are not capable of working in the modern world. Look at the websites, the event presentation, the formulas and most importantly dealing with locals, local authorities and local business.

Wimbledon should have been a huge cash cow, think of its location, its entertainment value. But where was the marketing? Instead a slow decline was allowed to happen.

Its the same story at all the tracks - sadly I fear short track racing in the UK will be a thing of the past soon.

The old scrap metal merchant mentality is a thing of the 1980's, this is the post digital revolution world, we need 21st century oval racing.

Hmmm maybe I need to write a long piece on this