View Single Post
Old 4 Feb 2017, 08:09 (Ref:3709298)   #10
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
That Metro is Roger Saunders' car from 1982. Looks like Brands.
Bottom Bend (is it still called that?) British GP support race Brands Hatch 1984.

If I recall correctly Roger won the Saloon Car Championship that year, and Castrol purchased a copy of my, colour, picture to present to him. I was particularly pleased with the shot as it was exactly what I was trying for.

The wheel is from one of the cars involved in an accident at Paddock Bend on the first lap in 1988, I am fairly certain it is from Laffite's Ligier, which might give you a clue at to the helmet picture.

The other picture is Stefan Johansson's Tyrell during qualifying for the 1984 Grand Prix, he was involve in a shunt at Paddock on lap 1.

Memories, memories.