View Single Post
Old 28 Nov 2006, 12:02 (Ref:1779698)   #7
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ctc 14e

Only just had a look at this thread,I thought that there might be some interest for you to know that CTC 14E was ,until recently ,owned by A Carter,a Norfolk farmer,whom I ran a restoration company for.The car was bought from Mr G Marshall esq,back in the early 80s,when we took delivery of the car ,it had been brush painted in Maroon/yellow flash.Mechanicaly it was in very good condition,albeit not mobile,After fully gutting the car and stripping the paintwork we were quite supprised at how little damage there was[testamont to the standard of driving in those days?] it was then restored back to its original appearance,Team Lotus -pin stripes etc. Checked over mechanically and rebuilt I dont recall what compression it was running but I do remember using 24 volts to get it running,then a QUICK road test and into The Collection,where it sat for approx 30yrs,I,m not awear of where the car is now though I would be interested to know.I remember the front suspension not being quite as it had left the factory!!