View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2011, 19:12 (Ref:2820489)   #3
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
It certainly would be difficult to quantify what makes a "great" race track, simply due to the number of variables at work, and the fact that not all tracks will even have entirely the same set of variables, or parameters, to work with.

Part of this is intended as an eye-opening exercise, as there are aspects of track design that I have seen some on 10ths just utterly discard, and I firmly disagree with some of those posters' stances.

In addition though, I think there are some aspects or characteristics that can be quantified to an extent. As the opening post shows, I hope, the make-up of a circuit definitely can tell us important things about what sort of racing we are most apt to see at that course. Being able to spot those things helps us all understand our own and each others' tracks that much better.