View Single Post
Old 25 Jul 2011, 09:07 (Ref:2930775)   #2
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Time to start this thread off I think now that it is only a couple of weeks away - hope to see a few 10-Tenths members there! Sadly I won't be able to contribute with any photographs this year as I'll be working at the event.

The provisional timetable is on the HSCC website - http://www.hscc.org.uk/resources/Cro...20day%20V2.pdf

There will be double header races for Historic Road Sports, 70s Road Sports, Historic Touring Cars, Historic Formula Ford, Classic Racing Cars, Derek Bell Trophy, Historic Formula Junior, and Historic Formula Ford 2000. Plus a single race for the 500cc F3 cars on Sunday. I understand that there is testing available on the Friday.

In addition to the racing there is scheduled to be a display of military vehicles, classic cars and aircraft with visitors being encouraged to dress in period costume. The HSCC site mentions a fly past on Saturday evening by the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight and on Sunday a fly past by a Jet Provost. There will be live 'period' music on the Saturday evening in the marquee.

As last year, the 'locals' are really looking forward to this one and we hope that it builds upon the success of last year's event.

Gary