View Single Post
Old 5 Apr 2017, 19:53 (Ref:3723990)   #11
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We're getting a lot ahead of ourselves in a thread about Vettel VS Hamilton in 2017.

Although it is true that what shapes 2018 will be this year. Kimi had a very good year last year, having the measure of Seb apart from some inspired moments by the four-time world champion. From the first race, though, with the carrot of a race-winning and possibly championship-winning prancing horse dangling from a stick, I can't help avoid thinking that that's it for Raikkonen's hopes of beating him again this year and that Vettel has got this one covered already. It wouldn't be the first time; after four years of title success at Red Bull, he lost his mojo in his year alongside Ricciardo, before looking refreshed again in 2015. He seems to have been hitting a pattern of one year on one year off.

I can see the lure of Ferrari to Hamilton and vice-versa actually, but I doubt we'll be seeing it if Vettel stays. If the Ferrari is good enough to stay in the battle this year, I don't think Mercedes will look appealing enough to Vettel.

As for 2017, Hamilton dropped the ball in Round 1, pitting too early to cover off the Ferrari challenge. It was an own goal rather than a resounding success. Still, with a more daring design than in recent years and decent enough strategy, Ferrari show promise. We've only seen one round, though.