View Single Post
Old 28 Jun 2004, 07:59 (Ref:1018429)   #17
dhart
Racer

dhart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Diz, i can only think of a couple of pre87 drivers that dont want extra track time, but that shouldnt be an issue as they would be unlikely to get out of the heat.
The majority should be given the chance to compete in a spectacle to be proud of and that gives the championship some credibility, not just 3/4 guys, but a full grid all trying to get better.
If i was starting out now i would love it,trying to qualify from the first race ,just to get in the "final" then trying to move further up the final, and i would get there twice as quick because i would be doing 2 races instead of 1,racing is how you get quicker and the standard(that in the main is VERY poor) would spiral upwards!..........just imagine a full grid in the final and a standard that meant the leaders didnt lap anyone...they would have gone home.
Still have a class structure but only award points from the final. This simple format always worked for the festival, bet it works at Mallory in August too best of luck DALY great idea!