View Single Post
Old 31 Dec 2011, 07:50 (Ref:3005773)   #12
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
In 2008 and 2009, 2 Jaguars xkrs were racing same races.
In 2006 had some Maserati Grand Sport Light.
And in 2005, in the test sesions and in the launch in Monaco had Venturi Heritge and Lotus Exige.

What happend with the Cadillac CTS that race in SCCA World Challenger? Can this car to be homologated to GT3?
Shame that Maserati havent been tempted to build a GT3 version of the GranTurismo, there is a GT4 version however.

The Lotus has raced in British GT and there is one still racing down here in Australia, although in its current form I dont think it strictly meets GT3 regs .

The Cadillac CTS was built to SCCA regs not GT3 so is in no way a GT3 car more of a touring car then anything. Nice cars though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningview66 View Post
However there are some cases manufacturers can be more heavily involved such as this years Spa 24hrs part of the Blancpain Endurance Series in which Audi ran what was basically a works teams (Drivers & Engineers).
And Nissan with their support of JRM running the GTR GT3. And I suppose you could put McLaren and CRS in there as well.