View Single Post
Old 28 Nov 2007, 04:01 (Ref:2077024)   #19
Peddler
Racer

Australia
Camden, NSW
Peddler has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69
I fail to see if there'll be many new facilities come to life in the foreseeable future, especially in NSW. The interest just isn't there (i'm talking national/international standard track, not club circuits) to make much money back (as no one goes to anything but V8 races) for all the effort that is required to go in to building a new facility
I am afraid i dont agree... i think that if there was further development of facilities that could accomodate national and international motorsport related events that interest would be generated and promoters would be jumping to use the facilities.

NSW Motorsport is in the position that it is in, not becuase of the lack of Gov funding but because of the lack of and nature of the facilities we have!

Eastern Creek is owned by the NSW State Gov and run by a group of "old school" fuddy duddies who have a lease of the place for the next 20 years.

Oran Park has showcased V8Supercars and other major events since the started and is now closing down.

Wakefield (yes i know you have plans for it Mr Ronke) still is a bit of a hike and really as still is a short circuit layout that can only accomodate motorpsort to a certain extent.

Sydney is an international city and needs facilities to cater for international motorsports... build it and they will want to use it. All you need to do, is look at the booking process and the costs as well as the availabilities for 2008 for the tracks we have got and you will see where i am coming from.

Go the Datto!!!