View Single Post
Old 23 Nov 2015, 16:50 (Ref:3592721)   #9
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
The "untouchable" status of the 911 also apparently killed off the bespoke mid-engine car, which I'm sure , would have been a far better option (for racing) as it could have had a platform designed specifically for it's engine placement, rather than a modified MMB platform.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post
They could just build off the Cayman platform and avoid the waivers but that would booger the hierarchy of 911 at the top.
That is somewhat my reading on this as well. I LOVE Porsche and am a HUGE fan, but they have to move beyond the insecurity of racing something other than the 911 in top level GT. Are you listening Porsche! Have some self confidence!? You just won the WEC for heaven's sake!

It sounds like an attempt at GT1 style mid-engine "911". I assume this is 100% a marketing driven decision. They are fooling nobody. Or at least anyone who would buy a 911 because it races in top level GTE... they would understand what is going on.

Frankly I hope the other manufactures make a stink.

Richard