View Single Post
Old 22 Mar 2017, 11:53 (Ref:3720626)   #6
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Jerome Stoll of Renault thinks that the engine manufacturers should be considered the "main players" in F1, as it couldn't happen without them. I'm not so sure. I think the teams are the backbone of Formula 1. After all, the days when almost everyone apart from Ferrari used a stock DFV weren't bad years for the sport. Thoughts?
My thoughts are that you also couldn't run F1 without tyres or chassis. So unless Stoll has a plan to run his engine on its own via some sort of hover system, the idea of "it couldn't happen without them" is ridiculous.

If the hybrids became too expensive and all the engine manufacturers left, they'd just revert back to regular engines and you'd get the usual players from Mecachrome or even Gibson involved. So it isn't like they HAVE to have them. But what you do need is someone building cars for the engines to go in.