View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2015, 13:44 (Ref:3490071)   #6
HoTWire
Racer

HoTWire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by piekey View Post
We have some small interest in this new series from here.
How many cars on circuit at any one time.
Is there much overtaking.
Can we fit a 1600 x flow to a road going (taxed, MOT'D,fully trimmed) ford anglia 105e .

Help with these Q's answered would be a step forward.

I'll ask the guys at Time Attack about the number of cars, although I'm thinking it'll be dependent on entry volume. Will get a proper answer for you though.

Again the overtaking will depend on the volume of cars going out, however it is my understand that the top speed cars aren't out at the same time as the lower speed cars, so you should be in a group/session that will be running about the same speed as you, which should mean not too much overtaking, which may or may not mean it is your thing. It is all about the lap time either way

Yes you can fit anything in anything. I should be competing with a Datsun Sunny with an SR20DET in it .. classes are based on lap times/potential lap times rather than level of modification (although obviously that has an influence on your lap time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I think the Time Attack guys have realised there isnt enough going on with other stuff to intgerest folk. The main cars are amazing to watch, but there isnt a lot else to see in my view.
I suspect you are right, at least they have a track for the whole day so mixing up the cars out on the circuit makes it more enjoyable all round. I wanted to get involved from Retro Rides point of view because it fits well with our penchant for sticking modern engines in older things, however I also realised there were likely to be some people that might like to try it on here, and perhaps some of the old Supersaloons may find a bit more track time out of it (the format is kind of perfect for them). As I say I'd love to see someone run an historic F1, or a Group C something personally.

Actually I wonder if some of the old insanity from Rallycross could do good things purely on track?