View Single Post
Old 23 Jun 2011, 22:49 (Ref:2904981)   #816
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Austin City Council have postponed the vote till next Wednesday.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/conte..._chambers.html
It is America. Politics as usual. Did you notice all the different groups (ethnic groups that is) wanting their share of the pie (monies earned from f1 events) as a percentage rate determined as of June 23, 2011 and fixed at levels based on today's numbers regardless if those groups decrease in size or even disappear as a group for the length of the f1 contract agreement. I think that contract is currently set at 10 years. What does that have to do with f1? Ans, you want my support, It is gonna cost ya $$$. Just sayin ya all. This kind of wheeling and dealing is not something special to the USA. It just is a little more visible to the man on the street. It is what that man can do about it that counts. Which by the way, probably isn't much. People that actually will watch this race on TV won't give a crap how much it cost or who paid for it long as it ain't them. That will probably be me.

Note: Just a little non-related fact for the overseas followers here. F1 fans living on the east coast of the USA (betting that is a large number) by the way live about 1500 miles from Austin, Tx and probably will not be in attendance at this event based on that long of a driving/flying distance. Is it just me or ... There are some really smelly issues about this whole deal. For starters, exactly who is the attending audience going to be. A large size of attendees needs to be maintained for the full 10 years of the contract. Fast tracking this should really have raised the red flag especially with BE behind the wheel. Trying to keep a lid on the funding/taxation issues is another biggie.

To be continued...