View Single Post
Old 20 Nov 2015, 10:23 (Ref:3591695)   #24
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
The Gray Lady was a bit of fun, and yes, a ridiculous hot rod, but the 50's saloons have always been a bit of a blank canvass, although only for Goodwood and its spectacle, most of the regular HRDC cars run to a pragmatic set of regulations and are generally well adhered to ( I've built a fair few engines across the series and never a bent one, the engines aren't generally the weak link!)

Engines in many series, U2TC for example, are, I think, generally correct, and relatively level, the focus now seems to be on handling . . . another issue entirely, what I always notice is that for a mass produced production car you rarely see 2 the same! There are plenty of accurate genuine original cars out there so I believe its time the FiA measured a few of those and nailed a few datum in the ground.

THere are also lots of dimensions in the homologation papers of various cars which seem to get ignored and have been overuled, or rendered irrelevant by App K.

I haven't read J or K for a while, but J is far tighter on what was allowed. ie nothing if it didnt specifically say so.