View Single Post
Old 11 Apr 2018, 07:22 (Ref:3814805)   #54
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam3s View Post
Still, I don't see the benefit really as it will cause backlash from the public and still won't entice manufacturers to join.
It's ok to take backlash if you are proven right afterwards. I didn't like the NSX hybrid at first... Like many people I thought, wouldn't it better if it didn't have 250kg (made up number, I can't seem to find the number) of hybridisation in it.

Here is a crazy Frenchman giving it some stick, even if it is no longer Ferrari fast (Honda foolishly used an outdated benchmark in the 458), it is not *that* slow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkI24z1t7Eg

It seems to handle well with the dual-electric front motors' torque vectoring, and does it job admirably. So I have come round to appreciate it.

It would still be an unsellable overpriced underappreciated Honda collecting dust on dealer lots even if wasn't a hybrid, right?

To get headlines Honda perhaps should have boosted it to the moon and given it 800hp to put a cat amongst the pigeons, but to win wars of spec sheets isn't a very Honda way to go about things... So a mediocre class average 575hp it is, what a overweight overpriced underpowered hybrid pile of bolts indeed.

So in time maybe people will come 'round to appreciate the elegance of hybrid performance cars and hybrid racing cars -- even if they seem like ridiculous pointless greenwashing in the present day...

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 11 Apr 2018 at 07:27.