View Single Post
Old 24 Aug 2015, 14:31 (Ref:3568273)   #108
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
You're still believing what most people, including Won, believed. That Honda will get it right every time. I more-or-less believed it before the 2015 McLaren Honda appeared, but now I don't. But more important than you or I, I wonder if Won still believes it.

I think I might still have had faith in Honda to come good in the end, but two things this weekend have told me that it probably won't happen:
1. Arai making whacky claims for the upgrades and implying that the McLaren is a big part of the problem.
2. Honda dismissing the idea of poaching some people who might know about hybrid F1 engines because "that's not the Honda culture".
One shows desperation and the other shows that they're not prepared to learn.
Its interesting about this Honda ''culture''. Towards the end of yesterday's BBC broadcast, 03:08:16 BBC iPlayer, the discussion turned to McLaren and Honda. Eddie Jordan mentioned Kamamoto and what a genius he was and what he did for Honda 30 years ago. With regards to Honda's culture he said Honda talk about culture but they don't even have the same culture they had 30 years ago.