View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2013, 12:53 (Ref:3227997)   #6
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i'd also put forward any of audi's rs models. in my opinion they've got bmw well and truly schooled on the silly sensible car market.
Really?

I admit there's a large degree of personal preference in the BMW vs Audi debate, but that's a bold claim indeed.

The last really good Audi RS was the B7 RS4, one of the very few examples of Audi getting one of their cars to handle properly. The current/recent RS3 is little more than an expensive joke, the new RS4 has potential but uses a prehistoric engine (as does the RS5), and the current and previous RS6s are just fast barges (and AMG do that soooo much better).

On the flip side, I know so many M3 owners who've tried everything, including 911s, and simply can't find a car for less than really silly money they actually want. I wasn't a big fan of the previous V10 M5, but the current one is sublime - all the car you could ever possibly want or need. Same goes for the M6 in coupe form, but it is stupidly expensive.

The only RS Audi advantage I can think of is 4wd if you happen to live somewhere that needs it.