View Single Post
Old 25 Oct 2009, 04:38 (Ref:2569084)   #132
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Toads I think there will be a whole heap of journos lined up with FOI requests for Government records after the weekend.
The Corporate records, not being from public companies, might be harder to find.
I think the A1GP stuff will come out of the UK Examiner in Bankruptcy investication as some of them already have.
Some of what I have said is on the public record if you look hard enough but a significant percentage I admit is from "sources".
I reckon a lot of information will become very public shortly.
My real interest at present is in exactly what happened in the period of about 6 weeks when it was certain, but not legally enforceable, before the contract was finally declared void. Who was saying what to who, who is going to finish up profiting from the rescue, and were the Minister and the Event company made aware of the options for a replacement program.
Somehow the ground work has to start now in finding an International series for next year. Even if it is run next year as V8 only the event wont be able to justify the cost of building he street circuit and tearing it down again for a purely domestic audience.
CHampagne and Chic maybe. Beer and Boobs doesn't justify the spend.