View Single Post
Old 17 Jan 2011, 17:46 (Ref:2816905)   #22
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some more fantastic memory jerkers from Richard Styles. I have identified and dated them for him where I can.

A very rare colour shot of Emerson Fittipaldi in Formula Ford in 1969. His orange Merlyn chasing the Frank Williams' car of Tony Trimmer and Ian Ashley, with Mo Harness in the JRRDS Lotus 61 behind Emerson. June 22nd 1969.

Andy Sutcliffe's Team Kent Messenger F3 Lotus, March 1970

GT cars in the assembly area. Terry Croker's B8 on pole position, Ian Tee's Ginetta G16, John Spero's Porsche 906 and the Lola of Roy Axon. The shot is taken from the pit balcony, the steps up to the balcony can be seen by race control on the left. The cars would enter the track through an arch in the pits, about where Richard was standing to take this shot, right beneath him. In the distance, the white building is the old wartime control tower, the circuit bar/clubhouse, with viewing from the roof. The building on the right is the scrutineering bay, with the Archie Scott-Brown memorial plaque on the wall, which is now displayed by the new AS-B scrutineering building, about where old control tower/clubhouse was. 8th June 1969.

Richard thinks this is March 1969, Lotus testing the new naked type 62 sports car. So perhaps John Miles driving?

Carlos Avallone pushes his F5000 Lola towards scrutineering for his F.Libre race, past Albert Betts' Jaguar.
8th June 1969

I remember standing with my father amongst a big crowd admiring Albert Betts' Jaguar in the paddock, with its new two tone green paint with metal flake light green finish. Had never seen anything like that before at Snetterton in the late 60s.

Colourful Mini Se7ens 13th July 1969. The Neil Brown entered car of Mick Bowring. No.182 is Mick Osbourne, the green car is Malcolm Hezel.

September 21st 1969, Neil Corner's Aston & Tony Merrick's 250F Tecmec.

The smoky F5000 Conchord-Ford of Bob Waters, September 1st 1969

This D-type just about fits onto its trailer. Peter Baldwin's Mini behind, Peter nearly always had orange somewhere on his cars! 1969

D-type leads Bentley around Coram, with the fire marshals suitably dressed! 1969