View Single Post
Old 5 May 2016, 11:18 (Ref:3638753)   #68
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
I think it's time to move Verstappen up to RB, and I mean now, not 2017. Verstappens been driving like a veteran so far this year, well ahead of Sainz.
Called it!

I mean I sort of feel sorry for Kyvat, he can be fast. But at the same time he hadn't really earned the call up to F1. He had a completely average season of GP3, but it just so happened that everyone else in GP3 that year also had average seasons so he won the title by default. And only after Facu Regalia butchered the last two races. When Regalia, Tio Ellinas, Conor Daly are the leading drivers, you know it wasn't a strong lineup that year for GP3.

Mitch Evans, Alex Lynn and Esteban Ocon certainly haven't been called up to F1 and they've had much competition in the years they won. Ocon might be yet though.

Yet suddenly Kyvats thrust into F1 without a single GP2 race under his belt, while since then Vandoorne, Frijns and Magnussen sit at home. Apart from a few odd races, Kyvat can't match Ricciardo. He showed good form in equalling Vergne, but to be honest since he left F1 and showed up at Formula E, Vergne's been not as good as I was expecting. Perhaps he never was good enough for F1.

Still, only RB would dump a driver like this after two crashes. But I think Verstappen will be better at RB, I'm excited to see Ricciardo vs Verstappen. Sainz vs Kyvat will also be interesting, since up until GP3 Sainz pretty much had the measure of Kyvat throughout their rise through the formulas. It was just a few lucky races, and Kyvat got the F1 call, Sainz had to wait and prove himself in WSR.

Prediction: Sainz Jr will prove faster than Kyvat, who by 2018 will join Vergne, Buemi, Alguesuari...