View Single Post
Old 7 Aug 2012, 00:07 (Ref:3116871)   #15
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
ok, that would IMO suck big time, the 911 is a legend, and for it to be retired just doesent make any sense to me.
at worst they are below of a second slower then the leading pack in the GTE, thats on normal 90 second tracks. And thats with a 5 year old racecar, based on a 6-7 year old chassis, and a almost 20 year old engine. and thats without any waivers like corvettes and BMWs. Seriosly the 991 gt3 RSR would be more then enough to eliminate that gap.
If they do build a car between the 911 and 918, that would be awsome, but IMO the 911 should stay the GTE contender for porsche if for nothing else for the tradition off it.
I think someones afraid that Ferrari lose there Mid engine advantage lol. but seriously I would hate to lose the 911 from GTE. Porsche has always stood for rear engine so I would hate to see that variety lost in GTE racing.