Thread: An Age Question
View Single Post
Old 8 Apr 2018, 04:35 (Ref:3813863)   #56
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
You are confusing you with we Peter. There are a significant proportion of fans who are about F1 being a technical formula.
I, and many of my contemporaries talk as much about Mercedes desmodronic valves as we do Fangio, as much about Cooper rear engines as we do Brabham, as much about Lotus monocoque as we do Clark, as much about Renault turbos as we do Arnoux etc.

A very significant number of fans follow F1 for the technical innovation.

We may or not be outnumbered, but we are probably the most enduring long term followers.
You make a good point but I confess, the majority of my contemporaries who I speak to outside of this forum, which includes ex Formula 1 drivers, are of a similar opinion to me.

I can see why people would get exercised about the technical challenges; Chapman's Lotus 88 comes to mind, but ultimately removing the majority of input from the driver, as we have now, defeats the object.