View Single Post
Old 13 Aug 2008, 20:07 (Ref:2268676)   #33
Herbert
Rookie

Herbert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Herbert, thanks for the info, and it looks like you've already posted info that will answer my question in the Merc thread!

Following on then, how did the IPS deal to run 190's instead of the 240 Volvo's come about?
I don`t have access to all of my literature but I assume that IPS needed a different car after the 1987 season, because the Volvo just wasn`t competitive anymore. So for 1988 they entered two 190 for Stureson and Siggi Müller jr. (who currently works as team manager at the F3 team HBR Motorsport). They also planned to add their 1987 driver Anders Lindberg later that year, but it never happened.
After the 1987 season the team was sold to Günter Schons (Schons already was involved with IPS since mid 1985 as Team Manager) und Jochen Mass. It became MS Racing. I'm not sure what happend to Persson in the following years. I have to look it up. I only have access to the old DTM Media Guides at the moment and Persson isn`t mentioned till 1992. In 1992 the team moved to new premises in which it is still today with Persson at the helm who bought out Schons at the end of 1992.