Thread: Liam Doran
View Single Post
Old 12 Jul 2016, 12:11 (Ref:3658513)   #43
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would expect that as a sponsor you would expect quite a few things to be in place to agree a deal such as this.

LD seems to get about quite a lot as a rep for Monster. he is also sponsored by quite a few other brands, clothing, motorsport parts etc.

So he either has a very good press agent who is constantly getting him deals or he has the profile of someone that marketing folk think represents the market they want.

I think it's the former obviously. But he does seem to appear all over the place, was at MXGP the other week, Goodwood, drag racing stuff. he ran out of fuel at Goodwood, he coated the trak with oil at BSB a few years back, it's a bit of a joke really.

Also a sponsor usually wants results, Liam hasn't had any to speak of for quite some time now, and I mean nothing, no wins, nothing. he is not alone in that respect.

If you were Monster, who would you prefer, A Bakkerud who is winning, is great with fans with his cohort Block who gets you millions of youtube hits, access to a world noone else can get you on things like Top Gear, has a sort of bolshy attitude without being nasty? Or Doran who has now two bad raps on his profile has endless run ins with authority, has a mouth like a pimp.

I don't get it, I simply don't get it. But I think this might be the last straw, he wasn't competing, he was representing his team and sponsor, and if I were IMG he would be gone. You should see hte vitriol on facebook. not good.

Imagine what a Tohill, Enerberg, Lysen could do with this sort of money.