View Single Post
Old 13 Dec 2003, 22:21 (Ref:811232)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Re: Fastest part of the Le Mans circuit

Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
I am pretty sure that most of the teams now think that the fastest part of the chicaned circuit is the run down to Indianapolis. Is this correct.
That is what I understand aswell.

Quote:
Now I also think that most of the speed trap figures are by the Restraunt on the first part of the Mulsanne Straight this is the fastest part of the three sections on the N138 I think, but why don't they measure the speeds before braking for the Indianapolis sequence? Tradition?
Againt that is correct, not sure why they are taken there.

Quote:
Also does anyone have any ideas what the difference in speed is at these two points? I would imagine that it isn't that much difference as most cars are nearing their terminal velocity. A couple of mph tops?
I would go with that, but I might be wrong

Quote:
FWIW I read the Dome hit 207mph. I think there is a thread round here somewhere with this info!
Yeah that is again correct, there is more details in this thread http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...hreadid=47412&

Quote:
Not that top speed is that important, but what do you think the actual top speed is over the Le Mans weekend? Any clues as to what the odd slipstreaming move might have added too?.
Pass

Quote:
And finally, is there anywhere else on other circuits that these cars race on that may rival these speeds? My guess is no.
Not than I can think off the only palce where they get up to any speed is between Arange and Porsche Cerves