View Single Post
Old 4 Feb 2017, 19:53 (Ref:3709563)   #12
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
The wheel may be from the Laffitte Ligier but the car in the background No 29 is the Huub Rothengater Zakspeed 861, Laffittes car was no 26. I do not remember Rothengater in the 1st lap crash though. the other Zakspeed, no14 of Jonathan Palmer was.

Not sure you have this one right Bob. Perhaps some better informed tenthers can clear this one up.
Now listen here young fella, don't question my memory, there were several cars abandoned at Paddock, and just because you can see a Zakspeed does not mean the wheel is from that.
However, as I said I only think it was from the Ligier, but it was a long time ago.

The cars involved were; Danner's Arrows and the Osellas of Ghinzani and Berg plus the Ligier. I was to bust dodging out of the way to get any action snaps, but the wheel caught my eye afterwards.

Now if I am completely wrong and it was in fact 1984 then the casualties of a first lap carambolange (?) were;

Cheever Alfa Romeo
Johansson Tyrell
Alliot Ram
Gartner Osella
Cecotto Toleman.

I'm sorry I started this.......