View Single Post
Old 26 Feb 2015, 11:02 (Ref:3509202)   #48
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Max makes a very good point re the MSA, and it sort of reinforces what I said about the amount of bureaucracy being a turn-off for many, especially younger types looking to get into the sport.

But Tim - you've nailed it too! Ask any economist if he thinks monopolies are good for anyone, and he'll tell you that the only people they're good for are the people who run them! And sadly, the MSA effectively have a monopoly on four-wheeled motorsport in this country. Probably 95%+ of it is run under their banner - and this means, unfortunately, that they can effectively do as they please as they have no competition (pun intended!).

We, as competitiors, cannot choose to race under another 'administrative banner', as there are none. So we're left with two choices: if we want to race, we have to do it to their tune, or, we give up racing entirely. Hobson's choice really, isn't it?

WTF that's got to do with numbers of posters on this forum I'm not sure, but there must be a correlation somewhere!

Last edited by Paul D; 26 Feb 2015 at 11:05. Reason: spelnig!!!