View Single Post
Old 12 Jul 2017, 05:57 (Ref:3750619)   #4
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course racing can be expensive but I would suggest that something like CSCC is one of the most affordable ways to do it, particularly if you can find someone to share a car with you.

That's what I tend to do - half all the weekend costs and the co-driver also gives me a few quid as a "hire" fee.

If classic/ historic racing is your thing then an MG is a decent choice as quite a few available and you can get almost anything for them so they are less problematic to run than something rarer. An MG could often be used in a wide variety of series too.

If you ring David or Hugo at the CSCC office they may know someone who is looking for a co driver in their car for an event or two.

Finally, don't write off some of the other CSCC series like Future Classics for cars from the 70s and 80s, A car like a Pprsche 924 is good fun in that series and not expensive to buy or race (warning, blatant plug coming up! and I will have a 924S for sale soon!!!)

Good luck.