View Single Post
Old 9 Sep 2017, 03:14 (Ref:3765572)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Article doesn't say anywhere that the team is for sale, so I have no idea why this thread has the title it does?

Investing in more engineering capability may be more of a capital cost - could be physical machinery, software, hardware, test rigs, simulators etc. Engineering capability is more than just employing more (or more expensive) engineers - which would be a recurring cost.

Makes sense for WR to bring in some investment, widen the knowledge base and share some risk/reward with others. It seems to have worked OK for 888, DJR and Prodrive as examples.
If the team is opening to the release of an equity position, it is for all intents and purposes for sale, either partially or in full.

In the case of 888, an additional REC showed up not long after the release of a shareholding, bringing both more revenue & resource utilisation for that business and racing team.

Prodrive was a case of necessity with the parent pulling out, and DJR was absolutely destined to fall without outside assistance of some sort.

WP was the very best team in the country for a lot of years, commanding top level sponsor dollars from all of their partners... bringing in new investors has probably been possible many times during their history, yet if an investor wants some level of active participation in that business now, when it is not at the top of their game, they clearly understand doing the same thing over and over again is not the answer..

What price Mr Michael to be team principal?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House