View Single Post
Old 17 Jul 2017, 21:55 (Ref:3752272)   #8007
Bubak
Rookie

Bubak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBubak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This time I am pretty optimistic about Porsche. More to question is what in 2 year, next and 2019. Will they have new power unit, change / optimise a hybrid system? Because, from 2020, expecially in terms plug-in hybrid (because of their Mission-E 800V sportcar) Porsche seems to be pretty interested in this. Well, from last weekend, if I am understand new regs. seems to be pretty open to recharge battery during a pit stop (Look there: last paragraphs under last photo http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/pas...eglement-2020/ ) and this solution seems to welcome well from Porsche. So, endurance way is better for this as Formula E. Keep tradictions and bring some new way. Diesel was a past way. But, if Porsche is looking for a future, it is good way.

Question is what next year. Lost in desert? But nonsens to pull out now and in 2020 come back. right?. :-/ Hitzinger is out from 2015 and how will be brainstormer for new project? This year 919HY lost three engines. It seems it is an issue for long race now. 2L V4 is 4 years old, new regs. (and fast pace) loading this lean-burn engine (look, every car that lose power had oil pressure issue, or cooling issue and those two things are always characteristic for lean-burn racing engine issue and small engine had to had lean-burn to produce well fuel economy) for LM24. Also front axle is pretty fragile for 919HY. I think, only stuff that works well is ERS-H. If I know, It worked well everytime.

BTW Does 919HY ICE (or Toyota's TS050 2017 2,4L V6) use Miller cycle as Audi does?

Do not forget, that next car usually come from old one. That problem had Toyota last year as well (desing of the axle, air flow etc...).