View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2017, 19:07 (Ref:3721948)   #301
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I don't get the impression he's ready to quit F1. He's always come across as a professional, so I think he would be inclined too tough it out and either look to the Mercedes seat or possibly go back to Ferrari, depending on how the new car and Kimi perform. There's always IndyCar,
It's hard to say. My memory is short, so I am talking recent history and he seems to be "mostly professional" in that in general he says the right (aka scripted) things when talking to a reporter. Maybe not as good as a Button was. But in those scenarios in which you ARE doing the right thing and saying what your boss wants you to say, it also means your true feelings are hidden.

He seems to be more and more vocal about his displeasure these days. Time is running out for him to be in a competitive car that can bring him another WDC. But... I still don't see him bailing out mid-season unless that is part of him walking away from F1. There is no real benefit for him to bail mid-season and expect to remain in the sport. It just sends the wrong message to any future team and sponsor.

I believe the oldest drivers in F1 today are Kimi (37), Massa (36) and Alonso at (35 going on 36 in a few months). How much longer is his F1 career going to last?

Richard