View Single Post
Old 24 Jan 2017, 16:48 (Ref:3704782)   #27
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Do these "changes" include Daytona 500 and the Coke 600? Are they going to slice n' dice those races as well? That's a real crime if even the majors are going to be shredded.

I don't like changes personally. And they cut up the races in a messy way. What's this France guy's obsession with "playoffs"? He always has "playoffs" ringing around in his head. But the only surprise here is that this wasn't done sooner to appease the goldfish attention-span of the smartphone generation.
I think it's every race, which is a travesty.

Playoffs are what we do in America and the nascar playoffs happen prior to the other major sports, so he's trying to keep pace and keep interest down to the end. Having the championship decided before the last race is just not good enough for him in the sport so it MUST go down to the last lap of the last race.

Quite frankly, the last race was the only Speedway race I recall watching/ listening to the whole thing last year so job done, I guess. I pretty much missed the rest of the season, however.