View Single Post
Old 3 Dec 2013, 04:15 (Ref:3339595)   #43
GtiMagic
Racer

GtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where do you get your V8 news?

I notice that most times a story is referenced here on tt's is has a link to Speedcafe where the official V8 website isn't used.

I checked out both the Speedcafe and V8 facebook pages and while there's 31,000 people that "like" Speedcafe, the V8 page has more than 10 times that at 350,000.

Why then do you, me and most people here on tt use Speedcafe? I believe industry people use Speedcafe as their news source - you only have to look at how any drivers tweet about Speedcafe stories etc I wonder if the use of links here suggests that many aliases on tt are actually industry associated people....

I get my information from both but I think the V8 site gets alot of criticism that probably isn't fair. Usually team announcements are first on speedcafe but industry announcements first on V8 supercars.

Had to laugh though that as soon as V8 supercars got John Bowe to do a column Speedcafe got the Enforcer, and now V8 Supercars have Damien White do a column to where he talks about the rules. This one upmanship from them both is good to us the reader - industry based or not.