Thread: Redford Park
View Single Post
Old 1 Jun 2011, 12:55 (Ref:2889373)   #1
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Redford Park

Gents I am back with a new track to try and see if we can try and get this forum moving again.

Its called Redford Park, its a completely fictional track and it is based around a lake. It is 3.4 km long (2.11 miles) and goes clockwise. It was originally built as an extremely fast lake circuit before the Railroad Chicane had to be introduced due to lack of run-off and safety concerns around Turns 7,8 and 9. The Stadium Complex is also relatively new, having been added to try and reduce the length of the long straight that existed before. It has existed in its current configuration since 2005. The pit-lane length is around 300 metres and the track is around 20 metres wide.

This circuit also marks an attempt of mine to try and use several programs at once to produce a track. I used Sketchup for the basic layout and then simply Paint and Excel to add in the detail. It works remarkably well I think and is great for quickly knocking up a track in little time. Sort of like a crossover between a bio-style track and a Wikipedia diagram.

Comments, criticism as always